MASSACHUSETTS LAWYER MALPRACTICE – REPRESENTATIVE CASES
At Burns & Jain we represent victims of legal malpractice. There are many types of legal malpractice cases that we work on and the following are examples:
- Blown statute of limitations
- Conflict of interest
- Estates and trusts
- Divorce malpractice
- Failure to supervise associate
- Civil procedure malpractice – losing after failing to follow the Rules
- Criminal defense – wrongful incarceration after legal malpractice
- Motor vehicle cases with ineffective counsel
- Excessive fees – clients wrongfully sued for legal fees
- Bankruptcy malpractice – resulting in loss of home or monies
- Bankruptcy homestead cases
- 93A Consumer Protection Act violations – unfair and deceptive
- Legal Malpractice in Landlord Tenant Case in Massachusetts – Settlement
- Negligent Lawyer When Suing City in Massachusetts – Blows Statute of Limitations
- Legal Malpractice and the Negligent Probate Attorney in Massachusetts – Full Settlement
- Legal Malpractice and The Negligent Business Transaction in Massachusetts
- Legal Malpractice and the Employment Lawyer – Full Value Settlement – Two Years Lost Pay Plus Future Earnings
- Legal Malpractice and the Negligent Real Estate Lawyer – Full Value Settlement
- Can A Divorce Mediator Commit Legal Malpractice? – Yes!
- Two Year Statute of Limitations – Legal Malpractice Settlement
Legal Malpractice Process
We work with the legal malpractice victims to coordinate a strategy for prosecuting the claim; we communicate our strategy clearly; we gather all of the documents and organize a demand; we often serve a Chapter 93A Consumer Protection Demand after consulting with our client on the facts; we negotiate a settlement or litigate; we have litigated legal malpractice cases for over 30 years and are aggressive and effective in getting results for our clients.
General Laws Chapter 93A – Massachusetts Consumer Protection Act
This law, which helps consumers when an attorney has committed an “unfair or deceptive” act is very helpful in legal malpractice cases. While insurance companies do not necessarily cover such acts, the law is effective because it leaves in many counts, or claims, against an attorney and forces the defendant attorney and his or her insurance company to reconcile with the behavior that caused the damages.
Burns & Jain
Neil Burns has been representing victims of personal injury for over 30 years and legal malpractice since 1991. He has successfully obtained jury verdicts, treble / triple damage awards for violation of Chapter 93A the Consumer Protection Statute, attorney fee awards, and has settlements, arbitration awards and mediation agreements for hundreds of clients.
Attorney Roshan Jain has been practicing law in since 2005 and is in court on a regular basis representing victims of legal malpractice, and personal injury. He regularly goes up against the biggest insurance defense firms and wins summary judgment motions, discovery motions, and trials. He is considered tenacious and effective by the insurance trial lawyers. His clients say he cares about them and it matters, especially after the ordeal they went through in their underlying case.
Legal Malpractice Confidentiality Agreements
Most cases involving legal malpractice in Massachusetts result in a settlement with a “confidentiality agreement.” This is a contract between our client and the prior attorney (and his or her insurance company) which forbids the client from discussing the settlement. Wherefore, for the representative cases in this section of the website, when we entered into a confidentiality agreement, we have changed names, towns, and genders so that our clients are not in violation of the confidentiality agreements. We have not changed dates.
Call Burns & Jain for a Free Consultation
We offer free consultations for potential clients. We often will ask for documentation from your underlying case and will review that at no cost to you. Most cases are contingent fee cases in which we only get paid when you get paid. Some cases are hourly. All cases have written fee agreements signed by both sides outlining the scope of our representation.
Call us for a free consultation. 617-227-7423